2013-11-23

Bad English and dyslectic fingers.

Documentation is one purpose of this blog. I use some posts myself and then the bad/funny English and my dyslectic fingers become evident. Most of times I do not care since it's just bad English and I do understand the meaning of the posts.
I'm a terrible typist. I write excruciatingly slow with my left index finger often hitting the wrong key, leading to many errors. I often miss out words since my typing is slower than my thoughts.
This morning I found this:
 XML is a markup language that defines a set of rules for encoding documents, it is not a Turing-complete language per se and it is very hard to express and interpret normal programing logic in xml if you do normal xml parsing and that is why I use xml. 

This is completely up the wall. I use XML since it is very easy to parse with computer programs (in this case PHP has an easy to use XML parser). I do not use XML because it's hard to express normal programming logic, and the fact it is not a Turing complete language. I use XML despite it's deficiencies as a computer programming language. I would not missed this if I had written this in Swedish.
And I think XML is not Turing complete, I do not know. I haven't really checked. 

I have read most of Turing's published writings on computers and it's fascinating to realize most of it, is so obvious today. I constantly had to remind myself he was breaking new grounds just sixty years ago, when he is nagging page up and down about coding 'gotos' on paper tape. Turing was a master mind, one of the great spirits of the twentieth century. If he qualify into the same league as Aristotle, Newton, Darwin, Einstein I'm not to judge, but the importance of his work cannot be overestimated. And he was a brilliant programmer. It's almost scary to read about his insights in computing and predictions about the future of computers. 

I end this post with another blooper I found this morning:

NO the job is not long, it is a long running job.
NO the schedule is not spinning, the exit action is spinning off a schedule.
You can probably spot odd language constructs in this post too.


No comments:

Post a Comment