2019-10-19

Unwanted intrusion

Recently I bought a tablet computer. After just a few days of use it started to beep every now and then. After a week this became a real pain. Lots of  'pling and plong', I had no clue what the alarm was about until I looked at settings for notifications. I found about 30! different sources that send me notifications, I had probably given my consent by answer 'Yes' on these stupid prompts that many sites issue to let you in. I thought this was a GDPR mandated prompt for cookie consent or something similar. . Now I have blocked them all, but I wonder how do I get rid of these notifications completely? How many tons of coal are burnt every day just to send stupid notifications no one is interested of?  I do not want your fucking notifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment