2020-07-16

Are you alive?

I have not checked the status or jobs of my data warehouse, not even checked if someone is fixing broken jobs since almost a month now. This is the longest period I have totally neglected my data warehouse since the start 2001. This morning I checked the twitter account and it seems the data warehouse runs along fine. If someone attending the failed jobs I do not know. I'm told there are jobs that can fail without affecting the operations, so it is probably OK. Why is it ok to have failing jobs? I know about jobs only have input randomly but fails if there is no input. Personally I do not like this coding style, but it is a matter of taste it really does not matter. I assume everything is ok with my Data Warehouse. The tweets look a bit strange, but I have not cared to fix them, and now it's not really my business. After an unusual first half year I will see if the company wants my services at all. If not I might end up as retired. I think I can live with that😏. Now I will go out and sit in the sunshine and read 'Our Mathematical Universe' by Max Tegmark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment