2016-06-25

Deep end

The data warehouse is closed down this weekend, or rather the MySQL database of the data warehouse is shut down to simulate an IT crisis. I have received a shitload of alarms, my telephone’s audible alarm is ringing like mad. I hope Henrik knows what he is doing. When I did the same midsummer eve 2013, I was made to swear never ever do that again. And now Henrik deliberately do the same thing for training some new guys in the BI-team, I’m a bit apprehensive about this exercise. There will be a mess to sort out on Monday, I think one new guy have only been there for a day or two! The new guys are just thrown into the deep end. If the newbies survive they be data warehouse experts by the end of the week, which is pretty amazing. Let’s hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment