2018-02-17

Hello new brave world

Stockholm 2018-02-17


Today I took a leap into the future. Andreas helped me installing some Google home  devices and
Chromecast Audio. My Google home respond to the call signal “Hey Google”, but only if I
pronounce “hey” as the swedish “hej” which means the same with very similar pronunciation.
Anyway is works great I can start my Neato D3 by “Hej Google start cleaning”, Andreas did some
magic with an api2api app and Google Home was able to start and stop my robot, he was so
impressed by my Neato robot I suspect he will buy one himself. Google home works perfect,
well almost, I wanted Google to play music by Jan Johansson but no matter how I pronounce
Jan Johansson, Google do not understand, best attempt so far is Johan Johansson. I do not
understand how to pronounce so Google understand. I tried Google Translate with english speaker
but no Google Home did not understand Google Translate. This gave me a glimpse into a
“Star Wars” future where C-3PO robots communicate via human languages.

Next is to automate the kettle so I can shout “Hey Google put the Kettle on” from my bed and have
the tea ready when I enter the kitchen in the morning. Then Philips Hue light system, and then…
Hello new brave world!

No comments:

Post a Comment